Gu Ho Eom received his B.A. and M.A. degrees in the Department of Administration from Yonsei University and his Doctor of Science in Law from Moscow State University. He is currently a professor of the Graduate School of International Studies at Hanyang. His academic interests lie in Russian politics and economics and Eurasian Studies. He has received the Pushkin medal from the President of the Russian Federation and has published more than 50 academic articles in journals such as Global Economic Review, Slavic Studies, and International Politics. He is currently the director of the Asia-Pacific Research Center at Hanyang University and the Chief Editor of both the Journal of Eurasian Studies and Sino-Soviet Studies.
- 1997 – present: Professor, Graduate School of International Studies, Hanyang University
- 2005 – 2006: Visiting Professor, Institute for Russian and European Studies, George Washington Univ., USA
- 2006 – present: Director, Asia Pacific Research Center, Hanyang University
- 2008 – present: Editor-in-Chief, The Journal of Eurasian Studies (Elsvier)
- 2016 – present: Dean, Division of International Studies, Hanyang University
- Междицсиплинарный подход к госдарственному регуливанию на современом этапе (Multidisciplinary Understanding of Contemporary Government Regulation), (Moscow: Moscow State University Press, 1993).
- “Democracy in Eurasia: Explaining Color Revolution,” Korea and International Politics, Vol. 26, No. 1, 2010, pp. 33-68.
- «Российско-корейское сотрудничество на региональном уровне: проблемы и переспекты развития,» Пробемы Дальнего Востока 3. 2012. с. 42-57.
- “Russian Gas in Eastern Siberia and Far Eastern Region and Energy Security in Northeast Asian Countries,” Sino-Soviet Affairs, Vol. 39, No. 1, 2015, pp. 231-269.