Kevin Stadt received his B.S. in philosophy from Illinois State University, his M.A. in teaching writing from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, and his Ph.D. in American literature from Northern Illinois University. His principle interests are in creative writing and teaching writing. He regularly publishes science fiction, horror, and fantasy short stories, as well as poetry and essays.
Courses taught in the DIS:
- Academic Writing I
- Academic Writing II
- Creative Writing
- “’Art becomes an attunement to the demonic’: Confronting the Hyperobject in McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men.” Studies in Modern Fiction, vol. 22, no. 1, 2015, pp. 1-19.
- “Sheriff Bell’s Bad Faith: A Sartrean Perspective on Freedom and Anguish in McCarthy’s No Country for Old Men.” British and American Fiction, vol. 22, no. 2, 2015, pp. 159-177.
- “Something New under the Unseen Sun: Escaping the Inescapable in Cormac McCarthy’s The Road.” Journal of American Studies, vol. 46, no. 2, 2014, pp. 299-316.
- Truth, Power, and Blood: Grotesque Violence and Postmodern Historiography in Morrison’s Paradise.” Journal of American Studies, vol. 43, no. 1, 2011, pp. 5-32
- Aether and Ichor, “Outmatched: A Jagged Steel Creek Chronicle”
- Bewildering Stories, “Beneath the Cloud”
- Short Story Library, “Burned Boy”
- Corner Bar Magazine, “Rescue on Marianus Prime: A Hominum Futurus Chronicle”
- Dark Fire Fiction, “The Black Growth in the Back Yard”
- Enter the Aftermath, “Zombies Never Get Thirsty”
- Fiction on the Web, “In the Shadow of the Hive” (reprint)
- Fiction on the Web, “We Hunt Together: A Hominum Futurus Chronicle”
- Forbidden Anthology, “Zack’s Rescue” (reprint, forthcoming)
- Issues of Tomorrow, “Joshua Was the First”
- Kzine, “Stealing the City’s Dark Dream: A Neon under Night Water Chronicle”
- Lazarus Risen, “Lunar Escape”
- Nebula Rift, “In the Shadow of the Hive” (no longer available)
- Outposts of Beyond, “For Love of Lella: A Numenthrall Chronicle”
- Phantaxis, “Us vs. Them: A Hominum Futurus Chronicle”
- Spring into SciFi: 2019 Edition, “Fear Regulation Chip”
- Storyteller, “Zack’s Rescue” (no longer available)
- Stupefying Stories, “Eddie’s Upgrade: A Neon under Night Water Chronicle” (forthcoming)
- The Ginger Collect, “Dokkaebi”
- Under the Bed, “Can Never Be Put Right Again” (no longer available)