Joohan Ryoo is a Professor of International Business in the Division of International Studies at Hanyang University. Before joining the DIS, he worked for several companies and government such as UMA Investment Corporation, Samsung Electronics and Ministry of Foreign Affair and Trade. His work experience covers the areas of venture capital, strategic planning, foreign direct investment, negotiation and public relation. He has also taught at Dankook University’s Center for Dispute Resolution. His research interest is in international mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and corporate level strategies. He is currently working on several management issues, including the post-merger integration, international joint venture, competitive market analysis in electronic industries, cooperative synergy creation and strategic decision making. He has a BS (Business Administration) and MA (Mass Media) from New York University, an MBA (International Management) from the University of London and a Ph.D. from the London School of Economics.
Courses taught in the DIS:
- DIS 203 Introduction to Business Administration
- DIS 304 Global Marketing and Strategic Management
- DIS 318 Special Topics in Economics and Business
- Ryoo, J (2019), “Partnering integration: Getting more value from your international acquisition”, Organizational Dynamics, 48(3), pp.1-15.
- Ryoo, J (2018), “Acquiring strategic assets through international M&A: Proposal of a new integration approach”, Global and Stochastic Analysis, 5(6), pp.45-63.
- Ryoo, J and Kim, C. (2018), “Factor affecting consumers’ repurchase intention in internet shopping”, Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications, 18(4), pp.587-629.
- Ryoo, J. (2017), “Choosing between internal and external development for innovation projects: Antecedents and consequences”, Asia Pacific Business Review, 23(1), pp.90-115.
- Ryoo, J. (2017), “The Determinants of International Acquisition performance in Korea: The Impact of knowledge transfer and organization’s cultural differences and strategic fit ”, Korean Journal of Business Administration, 30(11), pp.1907-1933.
- Ryoo, J. (2016), “The success factor of post-merger integration strategy: In search of the Korean model and suggestion”, Dispute Resolution Journal, 14(1), pp.69-101. (In Korean)
- Ryoo, J. (2015), “Identifying the moderating role of entrepreneurial orientation in the innovation uncertainty-collaborative technology development relationship: Finding from the Korean high-tech firms”, International Journal of Global Management Studies Professional, 6(1), pp.18-36.
- Ryoo, J. (2014), “Antecedents of boundary decision makings: Integrating transaction costs and organizational perspectives,” Journal of Strategic and International Studies, 9(4), pp. 17-32,
- Ryoo, J. (2013), “Choosing technology development methods for Korean manufacturing SMEs: Integrating transaction costs related factors with entrepreneurial capability factors”, Korean Corporation Management Review, 20(1), pp.233-259. (In Korean)
- Ryoo, J. (2012), “Factors influencing Internet shopping value and customer repurchase intention”, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 11(4), pp.374-387.
- Ryoo, J. (2012), “Technology sourcing decision making for new technology development projects: An empirical study of South Korean high-tech small firms”, Asian Business and Management, 11(4), pp.445-469.
- Ryoo, J. (2012), “Boundary decisions for new technology acquisition: An empirical study on Korean SMEs in high-tech manufacturing sector”, Korean Journal of Business Administration, 25(5), pp.2455-2383.
- Ryoo, J. (2011), “Foreign market entry strategy of Samsung Electronics: The case of LCD business in Eastern Europe”, Korea Business Review, 15(3), pp.71-111. (In Korean)
- Ryoo, J. (2009), “Structuring the organizational form of Interfirm cooperation: Two-stage contingency approach”, Dispute Resolution Study Review, 7(2), pp.109-147.
- Ryoo, J. (2009), “A Study on the industry of customer contact center’s e-CRM: Its current status and development strategy”, Journal of KECRA, 10(3), pp.3-28. (In Korean)
- Ryoo, J (2008), “An explorative study on the success of post-merger integration and the role of integration speed”, Korean Corporation Management Review, 15(3), pp.263-286. (In Korean)
- Ryoo, J (2008), “The labor disputes, its trend and characteristics: Cases in Korea from 1990 to 2006”, The Review of Business History, 23(2), pp.187-220. (In Korean)
- Ryoo, J (2007), “The post-merger conflicts and its resolution: A literature review and suggested framework”, Dispute resolution Studies Review, 5(2), pp.99-126.
- Ryoo, J (2006), “Technology sourcing decision and interfirm collaboration: Empirical studies on telecommunications industry”, LSE press. (Thesis)